CARBIOS (NYSE Alternext Paris: ALCRB), an innovative green chemistry company specializing in breakthrough technologies dedicated to the recovery of plastic waste and the production of bio-polymers, confirms its eligibility for the French PEA-PME investment regime (a savings plan in shares that fosters investment in small and mid-cap companies).
This eligibility is in compliance with Decree n° 2014‐283 of 4 March 2014, established for the application of article 70 of French law n° 2013‐1278, dated 29 December 2014, relative to the financial year 2014. This decree establishes the eligibility criteria for companies to the PEA-PME regime as follows:
- The company employs fewer than 5,000 people, and
- Its annual revenue is less than €1.5 billion, or its total assets are less than €2 billion.
Additionally, and in compliance with the applicable PEA-PME provisions, CARBIOS’ shares meet the same eligibility criteria as those that are applicable to the French “plan for saving in shares” as follows:
- To have been issued by a company with its registered office in France or in another country of the European Union, and
- To have been issued by a company that is subject to corporation tax or a similar tax under common law.
CARBIOS’ compliance with the criteria outlined above allows investors to include shares of CARBIOS within PEA-PME accounts. This mechanism is meant to foster investment in small and mid-cap companies under the following conditions:
- The procedures for the new plan are exactly the same as those applicable to the French “plan for saving in shares”;
- The maximum investment allowed is set at €75,000;
- Individual shareholders may hold their PEA-PME account in a different financial institution from the one where they hold their traditional PEA account;
- The PEA-PME accounts benefit from the same tax advantages as traditional PEA accounts.